As you know that UAN stands for Unique Account Number and it is one destination for any query or service regarding the provident fund. Each and every employee has a certain deduction in his salary every month and that amount goes into the provident fund. The employer of the employee also deposits the equal amount towards the employee.
In addition to this, this provident fund can be used on various occasions. Here are the occasions when you can withdraw PF
When Can You Withdraw Your PF?
There are certain conditions during when the PF can be withdrawn and here are the details of all such occasions when it is possible to withdraw PF.
- If an employee is 54 years old then it is possible for the employee to withdraw PF.
- The employee can also withdraw PF after resigning from the present company and in addition to this, the PF can be withdrawn only after 60 days post last working day.
- You can also withdraw PF for the education purpose or for the marriage. In such a case, it is possible for you to withdraw 50% of the fund for the sibling’s, children’s or your education.
- In addition to the criteria stated above, it is also possible for you to withdraw the PF for the medical treatment.
- Talking about real estate, you can also withdraw your PF if you are planning to purchase a plot, construct a house or a flat or if you are planning to renovate your house. In addition to this, you can also withdraw PF to replay the home loan if you have been employed for 10 years or more.
Checking PF Balance
These were some of the conditions when you can actually go ahead and withdraw PF. There was a time when it was really difficult to check the PF balance and get the PF statement. Most of the times, it was the employer whom you would have to approach to get the PF statement but those days are now a history. Today, you can check the PF balance and the PF statement by simply going to the EPF portal and downloading your passbook. The tool comes really handy while planning for the retirement.
In addition to this, it is certainly important to check the PF statement or the passbook to ensure that your PF is deposited into the PF account by the company. You must also ensure that there is no discrepancy in the statement. If there is an issue with the PF statement then you must address the issue with your HR at the earliest.
Procedure to Download UAN Passbook
If you do not know how to download the UAN Passbook there in this article, we have listed the complete procedure to download the UAN Passbook and follow the steps mentioned below to download your UAN Passbook.
Before we get down to the process, you must note that there are certain pre-requisites and here is a list of pre-requisites for downloading the passbook
Pre-Requisites to Download Passbook
- Your UAN Account Must be active.
- You must know the UAN Number and the Password of your UAN Account. In addition to this, if you forgot your password then you can go ahead and resent the password. We have also listed the steps to reset the password for UAN Portal.
- It should be noted that if you have just changed the password of your UAN portal then you would have to wait for at least 6 hours before you can download the passbook from EPFO Portal.
Resetting the Password for UAN Portal
Follow the steps mentioned below to resent the password for your UAN Portal
- To reset your password, you need to visit the EPFO Website and on the website, you will need to navigate to the employee portal for the same. Alternatively, you can click here to navigate directly to the portal.
- Once the portal is displayed, click on the Forgot Password Link to reset the password.
- Now, enter the UAN and the Captcha Code and this will trigger an OTP request. You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the designated area and click on confirm button
- Enter the new password and re-enter the same password to confirm the details and click on submit. Your Password has been reset now.
Steps to Download UAN Passbook
Follow the steps mentioned below to download UAN Passbook
- To download the passbook, you need to visit the site https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook as this portal is dedicated to downloading Passbook.
- Once the webpage is displayed, enter the UAN Number and Password in the designated area and also enter the Captcha Code. Click on Login Button after entering your credentials
- Now, once you login, you will notice the PF number on the right hand side of the screen and click on this PF Number.
- Click on this PF Number and your Passbook will be displayed in a printable and downloadable format.
These were the steps to download your UAN Passbook. The passbook will clearly show your share along with the Employer’s share and the pension amount.